Corporate & Conveyancing
The Banking, Commercial, Corporate and Conveyancing Department was set up in 1985 to cater for banking, corporate, real estate and other general commercial transactions and we have extensive experience in these areas. We focus on:-
- Loan, financing and security documentation (including bank financing, capital market transactions, securitization and debt restructuring agreements);
- Corporate and securities law (including investments in mergers and acquisitions of companies and businesses as well as cross border joint ventures and investments);
- Insurance law (including the review of insurance policies, agency agreements and terms and conditions for new products), real estate transactions (including disposals, acquisitions, real estate development, property joint ventures as well as leasing, tenancy and licensing transactions);
- Providing general advisory services in relation to:
- General commercial transactions such as supply of goods and services;
- Reviewing service agreements and alliance agreements, agreements between financial institutions (which include banks and insurance companies) and third parties as well as drafting and advising on terms and conditions of various products between such financial institutions and their customers and reviewing regulatory compliance of such terms;
- Regulatory compliance issues such as advising on and drafting replies to queries from regulatory authorities;
- Employment & Benefits;
- Probate & Succession;
- E-Commerce; and
- Registration of trade marks and are registered trademark agents.
We are currently on the panel of and actively provide services for many local and foreign financial institutions, petroleum companies and other corporations and businesses.
We also provide advice on Competition Law and have appeared before the Competition Commission representing our clients.